YFKtest - a Linux/Unix contest logger
10-June-2011 - Status Update
Although there have not been any new releases of YFKtest for a
long time, there have been dozens of commits to the Subversion
repository over the years, mostly by CT1DRB and W9YA. TNX!
In order to obtain the latest version from SVN, simply
execute the following command:
svn checkout svn://dl0tud.tu-dresden.de/yfk/yfktest/trunk
Also check out the latest
README files in the repository.
17-June-2008 - Version 0.0.9
- Added contests: ARRL-Fieldday, All-Asian (AS/DX), King of Spain, NRA, CNCW, etc.
- Added functions: File browser, rate graph display (Alt-r), Help screen (Alt-h)
- See ChangeLog for all changes.
- Sources in the download directory
14-February-2008 - Version 0.0.8
- Added contests: ARRL-DX (DX- and US/VE-side, exchange guessing)
- 28-January-2008 - Version 0.0.7
- Added contests: FOC Marathon, ARRL-SS, Naval, IRTS 80m, CQWW 160m, REF (F side)
22-October-2007 - Version 0.0.5
- Added contests: DTC, WAG, EU-Sprint, CQWW DX, OK-OM (DX side)
YFKtest is a logbook program for ham radio contests.
It is easily extendable to log and score arbitrary contests.
It doesn't require any installation or setup, just download and start!
- Simple Console based user interface, similar to CT or SD
- Use of K5ZD's super partial check files
- CW messages via Cwdaemon by PG4I
and Cabrillo export,
generation of summary files
- Rig control via hamlib
- Very easy and completely menu driven setup. No config files.
- Supported contests:
- All Asian DX Contest (AS/DX side)
- Concurso de HF Cidade de Almeirim (CT/DX side)
- ARRL DX Contest (US/DX side)
- ARRL Fieldday
- ARRL Sweepstakes
- Concurso Nacional de CW (EA)
- CQWW 160m
- CQ WPX Contest
- CQWW DX Contest
- DTC (Deutscher Telegraphie Contest)
- EU Sprint
- FOC Marathon
- IARU HF Championship
- Naval Contest
- NCCC sprint
- NRA Contest
- OK-OM-Contest (DX side)
- Portugal Day Contest (CT/DX side)
- PSK Deathmatch
- RDA Contest (RU/DX side)
- REF Contest (F)
- IARU Region 1 HF Fieldday
- SMREY (King of Spain) (EA/DX side)
- WAG (DL side)
- YO-DX Contest
- DXpedition mode
Many more to come in the future. Don't
hesitate to ask me to add a specific contest!
The picture shows the main logging screen of YFKtest running in an
xterm, after the EUHFC 2007.
- Perl 5 with Curses, IO::Socket::INET
- Optional: cwdaemon
- Optional: Hamlib.pm
Of course YFKtest is free software
(free as in beer and
free as in
freedom) and published under the GPL 2.
Author, Contact, Feedback
YFKtest was written by Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK.
I am always interested in any kind of feedback concerning
YFKtest. If you have any suggestions, questions, feature-requests etc., don't
hesitate a minute and contact me via eMail or ICQ (169955833).
All projects are also available via Subversion (version control system),
the repositories can also be browsed by HTTP:
For those not familiar with SVN: You can always fetch the latest version by:
svn checkout svn://svn.fkurz.net/$PROJECT # replace $PROJECT...
svn checkout svn://svn.fkurz.net/ebook2cw # example for ebook2cw
But be aware that this version may not be 'stable' at all. If you don't like experiments, just continue to use the normal releases.
By default, anyone can read the repositories, but I'll gladly grant write access as needed; just drop me a line.
For user support, announcements of new releases and general discussion, a
mailing list has been set up. To subscribe or
browse the archives, please visit this link.
Ham Radio ->
Last modified: Sunday, 06-Jan-2013 13:03:56 CET